Preventative maintenance checklist to keep your HVAC in top shape!
October is here and fall weather is becoming more prominent. As the weather is cooling off, this is a natural time to consider Heating Service and Repairs.
We recommend that you have Wolfgang’s Cooling & Heating professionally inspect your HVAC system this fall. We do things like inspect and clean the wiring and mechanisms of the unit, which is bit more challenging for the average homeowner. Before you turn on your heating system for the first time this year, there are a few things you should consider prolong the life and increase the efficiency of your system. Here are the steps to a healthy HVAC system:
- Change to a high-efficiency pleated filters if you haven’t already. The new high-efficiency pleated filters have an electrostatic charge that works like a magnet to grab the tiniest particles — even those that carry bacteria.
- Replace the filter at least every 30 days. If it looks dark and clogged, go ahead and change it. If you have pets, you’ll will need to change every month.
- Check to make sure there’s at least two feet of clearance around outdoor air conditioning units and heat pumps.
- During spring, summer, and fall remove debris such as leaves, pollen, and twigs from top and sides of outdoor air-conditioning units and heat pumps. Don’t allow the lawn mower to discharge grass clippings onto the unit.
- Monthly, inspect insulation on refrigerant lines leading into house. Replace if missing or damaged.
- Annually, ensure that outdoor air-conditioning units and heat pumps are on firm and level ground or pads.
- Annually, pour a cup of bleach mixed with water down the air-conditioner condensate drain to prevent buildup of mold and algae, which can cause a clog.
- Never close more than 20% of a home’s registers to avoid placing unnecessary strain on the HVAC system.
- Annually, replace the battery in your home’s carbon monoxide detector.
Schedule an HVAC Check-Up: With a annual service agreement not only ensures proper care of your system, with energy efficient and money-saving benefits, but can also improve indoor air quality. During inspection, an HVAC professional will clean your unit to prevent accumulated allergens from being circulated through your home when the furnace or heating system is in use. Additionally, your service technician will also be able to identify if any other issues that my arise when turning on your heat for the first time this year.
Wolfgang’s Cooling and Heating has a team of professionals that can come to your home and provide a complete inspection of your Heating System. The investment that you have made into your home is one that you want to protect. Call Wolfgang’s Cooling and Heating at (480) 719-7779 Today.
Our A/C went out & Wolfgang’s was here really fast & took care of the issue within minutes. We will sleep much better tonight.
We’ve had Wolfgang’s Cooling and Heating since our unit was new in 2011. To date we have had no problems.
Excellent service. Friendly. Reliable. Efficient and polite which is often rare when dealing with air con specialists in Arizona.